This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for guatemalastory.net (the Website). This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by the Website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- Information collection, use, and sharing
- The owners of the Website are the sole owners of the information collected on the Website. The Website only has access to information that you voluntarily provide via email, submission form, or other direct contact. This information will not be sold or shared.
Your information will be used to respond to you. Your information will not be shared with any third party outside of this organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting the owners of the Website via the contact form on the Website: www.guatemalastory.net/contact-us/.
- See what data is known and retained about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data that is known and retained about you.
- Have us delete any data that is known and retained about you.
- Express any concern you have about the use of your data.
The owners of the Website take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever sensitive information (such as credit card data) is collected, that information is encrypted and transmitted in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Website.
While encryption is used to protect sensitive information transmitted online, your information is also protected offline. The computers/servers in which personally identifiable information is stored are kept in a secure environment, and are password protected.
The Website is built on the WordPress open-source platform uses plugins developed by third parties to assist in its function, and the Website is not responsible for information transmitted by these plugins. Additionally, the Website may link to external providers for the transmission of information and money, website analytics, content frame-ins and more, and interactions with these providers is not covered by this Privacy Notice; please refer to the Privacy Policies of these providers. For an up-to-date list of third party and/or external providers utilized by the Website, please contact the owners of the Website using the contact form found HERE.